Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Today is the day!

After months and months of counting down, it is finally the day I leave for London!

Once I get the motivation to climb out of bed, I must do some last-minute packing and then hit the road to head to Logan Airport in Boston.  It's bittersweet leaving from Logan. I'll get to see Boston again, but in exchange, my whole journey becomes four hours longer driving from New York.

We are expected to arrive in London at around 7:20am (their time) which is around 1am here on Thursday, May 9th.  We have a full first day planned; with orientation, a walking tour, and a dinner with all of the students on the program.  We have been told that we are not allowed to go to sleep until 10pm to fight the jet lag!  It's going to be a tough first day, but I have a feeling all of the excitement and adrenaline will help with the exhaustion.

I'm not sure what my phone situation will be while I am over there, so please do not text me!  If you have an iPhone or smartphone, download the app "Viber" and add me.  If I have wifi, I will be able to text you through there.  If I discover that there is a surplus of wifi, I will then let everyone know how they can reach me throgh iMessage, etc.

I'll try to check Facebook as often as possible, as well as update this page with pictures and little blurbs.  This month is going to fly by and I already can't wait to share all of the adventures I intend to go on.

Cheers and see you in a month America!

No comments:

Post a Comment