Saturday, June 8, 2013

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” ― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Welp!  I don't want to say goodbye to London or to this blog or to anyone here that I have met!

London is absolutely beautiful and magical and I hope that I can remember every small detail of it that has captured my heart.

Some good and bad things about London that I definitely do not want to forget:

  • the "look right" and "look left" writing on the streets
  • the way there's a yellow light before the traffic light turns green so that cars know when to get ready to go
  • the way cars drive on the right/wrong side of the road (depending on which Brit you talk to)
  • the way people say "Cheers!" instead of thank you
  • the way that there is no right side of the sidewalk to walk on or on the stairs (one of the things that really bugged me)
  • the Tube's "Mind the Gap" voiceover warning
  • the Tube's very clear announcements of each stop
  • the double-decker buses
  • the way that the price of something is exactly the amount you have to pay because tax is already included on the tag
  • "chips" are french fries
  • scones scones scones scones
  • how popular Starbucks is here
  • everything closes SO EARLY
  • Regent Street
  • Kensington Gardens
  • Mornington Crescent Tube station
  • Great Portland Street
  • Sainsbury's Grocery Stores
  • Boots convenience store
  • the pound coins, five pence coins, ten pence coins, one pence coins, two pence coins, twenty pence coins, and fifty pence coins
  • Big Ben's bell striking on every hour
  • the extremely forward European men
  • their strange Minstrels chocolate candy and Double Deckers
  • the drinking age being 18
  • the extreme rudeness and slow walking of people here
I know that there are so many more things but of course I am having an extreme brain fart right now!

I am so grateful to have had the chance to come here, and I can't thank Mommy and Daddy enough for letting me go on this trip.  I am in love with this beautiful city, and can only hope that I will be lucky enough to return someday.

I love you London!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment